How it Works:
Donors make a donation to your Ride page and the dollar amount determines how many entries into the raffle they get. You then do a draw and provide the prize(s) to the winner(s).
Examples: gift cards, scratch and win lottery tickets, paintings, artwork, woodworking pieces, metal working pieces, etc.
How to Do It:
- Decide what you want to raffle, your ticket pricing (see below), and what the timeline is for your raffle.
- Reach out to your network and let them know of your fundraiser and ask for their support. This includes making posts on your favorite social media platform, sending out emails to your friends/family/co-workers, or simply picking up the phone and calling everyone you know. Make sure that your potential participants know what they could win, what the ticket to donation ratio is, and when the raffle will be drawn.
- When your timeline comes to a close, it’s time to do the raffle! Put all the names of those who qualify into a hat/box/container and draw the winner(s).
- Coordinate with the winner(s) on how they will get their prize(s).
- Make sure to thank everyone who participated!
How it Generates Funds:
Participants are interested in winning the raffle prize and they donate directly to your page in order to try and win it. You generate funds by listing a ticket price when you reach out to your network and donors donate accordingly.
Let’s assume you’re ticket price is $20 donation/one ticket and you’re raffling off a painting you made and a $50 gift card to a restaurant. The table below breaks down how much this can raise:
|How many tickets sold
||How much it raises for your Ride