WE ARE ALL IN.
In the past three years, our BMO Ride community came together while staying safely apart. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, BMO Ride for Cancer established a new event structure and COVID-19 safety protocols where Riders, volunteers and spectators came together on BMO Ride day in person. #WeAreAllIn in 2023, in person, rain or shine. Together, we will face the fight against cancer – as one united front.
The following event structure was developed for BMO Ride for Cancer to deliver a safe and epic event experience for our BMO Ride community in 2023. The safety of our Riders and our community is our top priority.
Our logistics team will once again conduct a thorough review of all in-person operations for this year’s BMO Ride for Cancer. We will examine the event experience in full; starting with the very first touchpoint at our event kit pick-up, all the way through to our Riders crossing the finish line on September 23, 2023.
Bike & Rider Transportation:
- All Riders will start and finish at the same location: Hobson Lake Drive, Bayers Lake, Halifax. The entrance to our Event Grounds is located on the corner of Hobson Lake Drive and Susie Lake Crescent, Bayers Lake, Halifax.
- All Riders will be responsible for their own transportation to the start location with their bikes
- We are encouraging everyone to arrange for drop-off and pick-up at our designated zone on the corner of Susie Lake Crescent and Hobson Lake Drive.
- If this isn’t possible, we recommend you carpool with other Riders, and park in one of our designated parking lots in Bayers Lake, and ride to the start line via trail or road. You can follow the event signage to our official Event Grounds.
- Riders will be assigned a staggered start time based on their distance. All team members riding the same distance will be scheduled together. All Riders will be sent their official GROUP NUMBER, CHECK-IN TIME, and START TIME. It is critical that you arrive on-site at our Event Grounds during your CHECK-IN TIME. You will not be able to check in prior to this time, so please do not arrive early.
- Scheduled arrival and staggered start times will be emailed and texted to all Riders on September 9, 2023 and again the week of the event. Please search your inbox and check spam folders on those dates, and times.
|Start Location||Saturday, Oct. 1||Group||Check-in Time||Start Time|
|Hobson Lake Drive||160KM & 130KM Road Riders||1||7:00 AM||7:30 AM|
|Hobson Lake Drive||100KM Trail Riders (A)||2||7:30 AM||8:00 AM|
|Hobson Lake Drive||100KM Trail Riders (B)||3||8:00 AM||8:30 AM|
|Hobson Lake Drive||100KM Road Riders||4||8:30 AM||9:00 AM|
|Hobson Lake Drive||75KM Road & 75KM Trail Riders||5||9:00 AM||9:30 AM|
|Hobson Lake Drive||50KM Trail Riders (A)||6||9:30 AM||10:00 AM|
|Hobson Lake Drive||50KM Trail Riders (B)||7||10:15 AM||10:45 AM|
|Hobson Lake Drive||25KM Trail Riders||8||10:45 AM||11:15 AM|
- All trail distance routes will be out and back, with designated turnaround points
- The 75km and 100km road routes will be out and back, beginning in Bayers Lake, with designated turnaround points
- The 130km and 160km road routes will be a loop, beginning in Bayers Lake
- For more information on specific routes, and to view the detailed maps click here
- Pit stops and hydration stations will be pre-assigned based on your distance on the road and trail
- Pit stops will include: Restrooms | Water stations | Snacks | Lunch | Mechanical Support | Medical Support | Entertainment
- Pit stops will be located every 20-25km along the route – along with roving medical and mechanical support on the trail and road.
Finish line experience:
- After you cross the finish line (Hobson Lake Drive, Bayers Lake), join your fellow Riders for food and entertainment and toast to your incredible accomplishments in our Finish Festival brought to you by Murphy Hospitality Group with other East Coast delights to be announced! Only riders will receive complimentary food & drink ticket. Beverages will be available for the general public to purchase
- Our Finish Festival will include: Finish Medals | Food & Beverage brought to you by Gahan Halifax, Pickford & Black, and Barrington Steakhouse | Entertainment | Official Finish Photo Booth courtesy of Atlantic Lottery | Group Photo Booth
- Spectators are back at the finish line this year! Invite your family and friends to cheer you on as you finish your epic BMO Ride. Please note that this is only at the finish line and not at the start. Our event will be open to the general public after 11:00 a.m
Other things riders can expect to see:
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed near high-touch surface areas, such as portable washrooms and pit stops
- Event personnel and volunteers with personal protective equipment (masks, gloves and hand sanitizer)
- Signage at the start, on routes, at pit stops, and at finish line area reminding everyone of physical distancing
We are monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and following provincial guidelines closely. BMO Ride for Cancer will follow all current provincial guidelines and our 2022 event structure is subject to change at any time.
Copyright @ 2023 QEII Foundation. All rights reserved. Charitable Business No: 88646 3496 RR0001